Appliance Service Technician
Sloan Appliance Service, South Carolina’s largest appliance service provider, is expanding into the Charleston area. Sloan Appliance has been earned national awards from Whirlpool, Angie’s List and The State Newspaper for excellence in customer service. We are currently seeking an Experienced Appliance Service Technician for our Charleston location.
Sloan Appliance Service is seeking Appliance Service Professionals to conduct in-home appliance repairs. The technician will be responsible for excellent consumer experience during after-sales in-home service. At Sloan Appliance we provide the following benefits to our
- Specialized tools
- Tablet computer and Smartphone
- Various incentive plans
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Medical, insurance, etc.
- Service van
- Diagnose and repair large household appliances (refrigeration, cooking, dishwasher, laundry) in the field, on premises, to the best of your ability and to the customer’s satisfaction
- Maintain good relations with all customers, dealers, and Sloan team members
- Perform duties in accordance with company policies and in the best interest of the customer and the company
- Account for all truck inventory
- Assist in researching parts to be ordered to ensure proper parts are ordered
- Cooperate with office and other technicians
- Maintain a neat and clean professional personal image
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- High School diploma or technical school degree, or equivalent
- 2-4 years in appliance repair or maintenance (or equivalent).
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license
- Have CFC Certification or be willing to get within a reasonable time. Applicants holding a master-level trade/occupational license(s), i. e. HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, GC, Plumbing may be used to qualify.
- Proven good communication skills
- Self-directed and solid team player
- Have verifiable, stable work history
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information.
- Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime.
- Successfully complete background check, physical, and drug screen.
Certified Technicians start with a base salary of $25,000 per year plus commissions.
Average earnings in the first year are $40,000 - $70,000.